I can't believe I've been here in Washington for two months and am into month three! Time has gone by so quickly that I'm wondering where it went. I've had many new experiences and my feelings about moving are slowly beginning to change. Everything is pretty new still, people and places, but it's feeling a bit more like home now that I'm getting familiar w/ the area. I can count on one hand still the number of times I've been most places, but that'll soon change to two hands! Woohoo! I've been to Seattle five times, West Seattle twice, Kirkland once, Tukwila countless times, Bonney Lake once, Auburn once, Federal Way twice, Seatac Airport three times, and tomorrow, I'll be going to Bellevue for the 1st time. There is just so much to do here and I'm learning about it from the people I've been meeting.
The weekend before last, I shared a booth at a bead show at the Seattle Center, very near where the Space Needle is. My buddy from Sac, Danielle, had her mom come up here and sell her dichroic glass at the show, and her mom, Vivian, who's a sweetie, came and stayed with James and I over the weekend. The show was interesting...didn't sell much jewelry since most people were looking for components, but I did make a few contacts and the important thing is that I'm getting out there and meeting others who are into the art and craft scene. So I guess I can say that I could also count the number of times I've met up with anyone up here on one hand too! I definitely am looking forward to the day when I run out of fingers and toes to count!
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment