Friday, April 6, 2007

Just Checking In

Well, it's April! What a shocker! It seems like the past three months have gone by in a blur! I didn't even think about last Sunday being April Fool's day, and playing some sort of joke on my hubby! I guess I've been busier than I thought.....which is a very good thing. I've been busy meeting people and I've made several good friends with whom I'm on the way to becoming great lifelong, or rather 'half' lifelong friends (I am 41 you know)! :') I've been busy creating new jewelry designs and signing up for craft shows. I just ordered my canopy and some jewelry display items this week. Reading, emailing, researching, taking care of my doggies and kitty, and hubby, of course round out most of what I've been doing. Oh, and as always, I've been spending way too much money!

I used to work 40 hours a week, plus lunch and commute times. It's funny but I always wondered what it would be like to quit my job and now I know! I do miss the steady paychecks but as long as I have a handle on the money situation and the support of a very wondeful and understanding hubby who has a decent job...it's great! Well, that's just my situation. I love having the freedom to do what I want even though it's a change in lifestyle...meaning clamping down on spending. I also wondered if I had it in me to be self-motivated enough to follow my dream of becoming a jewelry artist and I have found that after a bit of a slow start, and a bit to my surprise, I do.

I'm excited to be doing my first show later this month. It's a small one that didn't cost very much and will probably only have moderate traffic but it'll be good practice for me. I hope to work out a routine and all the kinks of what to bring, setting up my tent, how to pack the car, etc before I do any really big shows. Hubby will be along too for heavy lifting and reaching high places for my displays. He's really looking forward to the show too! heheh NOT! But I can't say he isn't supportive!

These past 3 months have really been a time of upheaval, change, and adjustments, but I think I can say it's been a very good experience thus far. Being new here really forced me to take stock of my life and think about what I've really wanted, made me consider how to achieve those things and then given me the time to really pursue those goals. The thought of leaving my job, hometown, and my friends struck fear into my heart before we moved, but looking back over the past 3 months, I realize how irrational that fear was and I remember that now when I'm in new situation. I'm learning alot about myself through the experience of this move and I'm liking it!

No comments: