Friday, May 4, 2007

Gallery Debut

Tonight was the grand opening of the B&B Studios Gallery in downtown Seattle. I was priveleged to be a part of it by being selected to be a guest artist! The owner John does great photography and so did the other guest artist Lyle. The grand opening was scheduled to be part of Seattle's 1st Thursday Art Walk. It was an exciting experience for me to have found my first regular venue for selling my jewelry.

My mom and brother came, as well as a few Seattle friends I'd made in the past few months and I thank them dearly for their support! I sold a few pieces, but I think it was good just for the exposure alone and getting my name 'out there'. I was able to hand out quite a few business cards and point out that my website now has a show schedule, if not any pictures! Hopefully that will turn into some future sales.

I think it was a smashing success for the gallery and for myself! Alot of people showed up and really seemed to enjoy themselves. With John having more time to advertise for the next show and the gallery, I have even higher hopes for the next 1st Thursday Art Walk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.