Thursday, January 25, 2007
ok...so I lied...
Ok...so I lied...sort of. My brother does live here, but he's very busy and I don't expect we'll get together much, although today was one of those rare occasions. I meant I don't have any "friends" here. He's lived here for several years now and knows the Seattle are pretty well. Today we went to a place called Spud's on Alki Ave. Kind of a cute area. There's a paved path around the area at the water's edge and even though today was rather grey (what else is new in Seattle?), there were lots of people walking with dogs, jogging and the like. It borders Elliot Bay and from a stretch of that path, you can get a very nice panorama of Downtown Seattle and the Space Needle. As a matter of fact, my brother had taken quite a lovely picture of all that at night and it was beautiful! Spud's is a fish and chip place...one of the oldest in Seattle from what I gathered. It was good except I was surprised that they charged separately for ketchup and for tartar sauce. I've never been to any fish and chip place anywhere that did that. Kinda weird if you ask me. Guess I'm used to Long John Silver's where you can get/use as much as you want! Well, I guess there's alot to explore around here, as well as lots of restaurants ( hope they don't charge for all the extras...like water!) and once I get used to it, I'll like the area as much as I did home in California.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment