Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ready...set...go!!!

Wow! I feel an overwelming sense of relief today. One more thing that was bothering me has been resolved. What was it? Well, we are finally in our 'newly remodeled' (read new fridge and range-from D quality to C quality and newly spray-textured countertops...woo-hoo), normal smelling, semi-permanent apartment home! Whew! The original apt we moved into was on the ground floor. The front half of the apt was built into the ground up to the window ledge so it had a very funky smell. Sort of a cross between mold, mildew, earth and mustiness. The dishwasher didn't work, all the outlets were loose (anything plugged in, fell out), well...you get the idea. It was basically the apt from hell! it was nothing like the model they showed my hubby and that I saw online. We complained (nicely, of course) and to the apt mgr's credit, she said we could move to another apt, but we had to wait almost 2 weeks while they 'remodeled' it. In the meantime, I had dishpan hands (my 41 yr old hands are getting that veiny look already, so this was worse!), and couldn't breathe too deeply. Well, it was worth the wait...we are 'home'!

Actually, another thing was taken care of today also. All in all, a good day. We got furniture!! All our stuff is still in our house that is up for sale. The plan is to move it all up here when the house is sold. Hopefully we can time it so that we can move everything into a newly purchased home. I'm tired of moving! Anyways, we are now going to sleep up off the floor...we have a bed frame!! Thank god...my knees were killing me! We also got a bar table, but the bar stools are on back order. Ugh! I guess it's not completely resolved. Oh well...wait...examine...can't do anything about it...don't stress. I feel better already!

So, now that we're home, we can set up my jewelrymaking stuff. I haven't made anything in a month and it feels strange. Before I found out we were moving, I was sort of on a roll. I had just gotten into an artist co-op gallery (for local artists only) in November (thanks to my buddy Danielle-please check out my fave links), I started to get repeat customers, I was selling a bunch of stuff (also thanks to my buddy Danielle), and I found that designing and making things was coming a lot easier. Now I'll have to start all over. Seems daunting w/out my buddy Danielle who makes and sells absolutely bee-yoo-tee-full dichroic glass jewelry full time! She's been gracious enough to share her expeiences and booth space with me many occasions. She's been my mentor and inspiration and I'll be eternally grateful. Not to mention, she's just a great person too!

I am ready to start setting up my space! Tomorrow, I will go get my tanks filled and try to buy a table to work on that I can still use (for craft shows) once I get my real workbench from Sacto. I can't wait! It's about time. I'm ready to go..go...go...!

No comments: