Sunday, February 25, 2007

Finally...a logo necklace I can live with!

SuStudio Jewelry Signature Logo Necklace
Wow, once again it's been longer than a week! I'm getting derelict in my duty to keep things updated. In my defense though, I have been busy making items...some old designs and some new.
Well, today I finally made my signature logo necklace! The name of my jewelry line is going to be SuStudio Jewelry. Please no jokes about a certain Phil Collins song! :') Anyways, for the last few weeks I've been experimenting on paper to come up with a nice simple logo that incorporates clean lines and an S, an S, and a J....and I finally did it! I've made leaf earrings before and I love the beautiful variety of leaf shapes found in nature. I'm so happy I was able to combine a leaf shape with the letters. Hopefully you can see it...the top line of the leaf is an S, the stem line is an S and the bottom line of the leaf is a J. The necklace is made entirely of sterling silver components handformed and soldered by me from wire, except for the chain. I'd go cross eyed if I tried to solder all those little rings! The pendant has a lovely hammered texture that catches the light from all angles...unfortunately my photography skills aren't very good so you can't really see the texture. (Sorry! I'm definitely working on it though!) I'm very happy with it and I hope you'll share a comment or two and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

wwjt said...

Neat logo! I am so proud of myself that I found the s, s, and j...before I read your description of them.;-) Do you cut out pieces from a sheet of silver to solder your designs? Trace them over your "blueprint" on paper? I'm curious as to how you get those small lines, before you solder them together!

washingtonsu said...

Glad you were able to tell what it was! It's made from different gauges (sizes) of wire cut to length, then shaped, then the pieces are laid in the proper position, then soldered in place. Then pickled (acid bath to clean the metal), then textured, then finally polished. And then...the clasp and rings for the ends of the chain are made same process as before! Whew! Lots of steps for a handmade necklace huh? :')