I'm just starting this blog as late night therapy so thanks for reading on. Haven't really read many blogs so I hope this is OK. I just moved to WA with my husband. He applied for and was awarded a position in the same federal govt agency. However, because he had to apply and wasn't 'transferred', we had to take on all the costs and headaches of moving ourselves pretty quickly...in a month from the day he found out. It was an interstate move and we had to put our house up for sale. It is still for sale and there have been no bites. We will probably have to lower our asking price considerably since the housing market in CA has slowed down. And even then who knows when it'll sell? Right now, we're renting a small apt, but the cost of both the house and related bills, and the apt and related bills on just one income is giving me some serious stress. I could not transfer with my job and so I'm staying at home right now and feeling a bit useless. I wanted to see if I could make it as a full time craftsperson, but the money situation has got me worried. We have spent more than I was expecting and although we have some money in savings, I really don't want to tap into that. The prospect of looking for a job all over again is daunting. My hubby was in the military for many years so he is used to moving, but I have basically stayed in the same town for all my life. I've never made a move this big and I am not enjoying it at all. I know...I'm sure there are many people who have been in a situation like mine and I shouldn't throw my self a pity party, but I guess, I just want to be heard. My husband says not to worry...it'll all work itself out, I guess it will somehow.
Another thing is I guess I just wasn't mentally prepared for moving. it happened so fast that I never got the chance to get used to the idea. Maybe I'm just getting old or something. I'm in my 40's and change seems to be getting harder for me. I don't know anyone here either and my hubby is at work alot. He tries to keep me company as much as possible, but know he'd be at work more if I wasn't such an introvert. I am on the quiet side and a bit shy, so it's hard for me to meet people. Always has been. I am trying to look at this move as something positive and an opportunity to grow as a person, yet it's been hard. Even back home I never had that many friends. There are moments when I feel optimistic and full of energy and others where I just want to sit in a dark room. I guess I'm blue. I've always considered myself to be a pretty well-adjusted person so I am hoping these are normal feelings for a move. Writing down my feelings and knowing someone will read them helps too even if no one responds. Well, thanks for 'listening'. Hope this hasn't been too depressing.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey!
I think your blog is well written.:-) Come visit me at my blog:womanwarrior007.blogspot.com!
Be sure to put something about your jewelry making passion...!
Email me or write me!
Great start on your blog. I can really relate to so much of what you wrote. Feel free to e-mail me (you can get my e-mail from J.)
Oh, and have you tried etsy.com? I some people who've had some sucess selling their crafts there.
Post a Comment