Tuesday, February 6, 2007

DoubleTrouble!

The Terrible Two!
Well, I said goodbye to my hubby at 6:30 am (early!) this past Sunday morning. He was signed up by his new boss to go to a management conference in VA. It's 12 (freakin') days long including travel time...by plane of course. He'll be back the eve of the 16th...finally! So...can you tell how I feel about this trip? heheh

So...that means I'm home alone with our 2 problem dogs, Foxie and Max, and our cat, Ereshkigal, who's above it all. Max, our big-headed problem boy has a very bad case of separation anxiety. He whines and chews on things he's not supposed to chew on when left alone...like door trim. Yes you read that right! Door trim...that's wood. You'd think he'd get splinters in his mouth or something, but I guess he's talented at avoiding injury to himself. He's just your basic dumb, lovable mutt. Yet he's a hapless soul for whom life just seems to work out somehow. Know any people like that? I just can't help loving Max and forgiving him in spite of the stupid things he does. What are you supposed to do w/ a dog like that? *sigh*

Foxie is our pretty little 'tank' dog. She'll boldly go where Max is afraid to go...like right into the river...no hesitation at all...to chase ducks. She's a sweetheart as long as you're part of her 'pack'. She'll give lots and lots of kisses and lay her head on your lap once she gets to know you. Yet, she too has baggage that needs to be lost! (and never found!) Never reach for her when she's sleeping under the bed or she'll rip your hand off. She's fiercely protective of me, especially around men we don't know, and barks whenever there's footsteps she doesn't recognize or other dogs and/or people walking by.

Since the dogs have their problems, they are also my problems. If anyone didn't know we don't have any kids so the question is...is this what it's like to have kids? :') I can't go anywhere without thinking about how they are going to be taken care of. Can't leave them alone for long. Love'em to death and would never give them up. Clean up after them and their poop. Love watching them sleep. Get mad when they're bad, but always forgive them. Think they're the cutest things alive. Yep, they're definitely my 'babies'!

1 comment:

wwjt said...

I hope your babies are doing a good job of keeping you company!

I think I must be too lazy to even take on the responsibility of four-legged babies...I didn't have any growing up (wasn't allowed). But I sure am a sucker for that puppy dog look that cries out for you to love them!;-)

Give your babies a hug from me, even though they've only met me once!